Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why am I moving to Mongolia?

Before the summer of 2010 I would have told you that I did not want to be a teacher nor did I have any idea where Mongolia was located...nor did I care. My plans for my life did not include either one of those things however, I've often learned throughout my life that Someone else has different plans...

Summer of 2010, some friends of mine announced that they would be moving to Asia to help teach young pastors how to lead. Everytime they spoke about Asia and the opportunities to impact many lives, I got goosebumps and was moved. My heart began to be excited about what was happening on the other side of the world - Asia has never been an interest of mine so this surprised me. After several months, I began to take these alien thoughts to my Father and soon realized that He was throwing me a curve ball - the biggest of my life so far! The more I talked to Him, the more I felt lead to research and my heart changed towards Asia and became more open for big changes.

I contacted a sending agency and was accepted into a program that would allow me to move to Mongolia and teach English in a University in Ulan Bator - the capital city in Mongolia!


I am in awe that I would have the opportunity to go to this country and impact the lives of future leaders in Asia. The more I learn about this country and their people, the more I can't wait to get over there and begin my 2.5 year journey!

I invite you to partner with me and be credited with changing lives in Asia. While I do my part in moving to Mongolia, teaching, cultivating relationships, etc., you can partner with me financially. I will keep you up to date with newsletters, emails and of course, this blog. Please click on the link to the left of this blog page "Partner with me financially" to learn more.

As I begin this journey I hope to use this blog to keep everyone informed on how the Father is working in my life and in Mongolia. I will be writing updates as I deal with the daily struggles and rewards of planning and serving in Mongolia. My hope is that this blog will show you how the Father is moving and that you will be a part of this every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment