Sunday, July 22, 2012

She did it y'all!

Yup! My awesome (not to mention brave) mom took her first transcontinental trip and came to see me in Mongolia! She came for about 9 days and while she was here she slept on my couch, tried some Mongolian dishes, went to see Spider Man 3 with me, went to Naadam, pampered me at a 5 star hotel and spa, met my team, and basically got a taste for what life is like out here on the other side of the world!

 This is us at Sukhbataar Square getting ready to watch the opening ceremonies of Naadam!

And this is my attempt at taking our picture at Naadam.

We were afraid to get any closer - he kept making noises at us. At least he was smiling for the picture!!

My team went with us on a tour of Terelj National Park and we stopped by a real Mongolian family ger!

Saw the Genghis Khan statue! He's sitting on the largest statue of a horse in the world!
Here we are at Turtle Rock!!

You can see it better in this picture I think.

This is a fountain at a hotel we visited.

Mongolia has several statues of Lenin, probably left over from when Russia was in control. Here is one at The Terelj Hotel we stayed at. We usually get a picture of ourselves with the Lenin statue in Las Vegas, only his head is missing...
We had a fun time. I love that she came and she loves that she now knows a little more about where I am and who I'm with. I just regret that she didn't do as I asked and pack my four month old nephew or my dogs so I could visit with them too. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment