Thursday, February 28, 2013

That's Cindi with an EYE

That's what kept going through my mind as I walked into the eye hospital here in UB a few days ago. Yup, instead of choosing from an optometrist or an optomologist (and who knows the difference anyway), you just check yourself into a whole hospital dedicated to eyes. Love it.


So what was I doing at an eye hospital anyway? Well, about a week earlier, I was watching TV and realized that there were some strange moving colors in my line of sight. It turned out to look like a boomerang shape that had psychedelic moving colors inside of it and over a period of about twenty minutes, it slowly moved to the left and eventually out of my field of vision. It was pretty but I figured it was worth getting checked out.

The doctor couldn't see anything so she gave me eye drops to dilute - no dilate my pupils so after about thirty minutes, I looked like this:

Hey, there was nothing else to do while I waited so I tried to take pictures of my eyes.

Anywho, after she looked again for a good twenty more minutes, she decided I had some tiny floaters in  the liquid behind my eyes but other than that, my eyes were blissfully normal. Here's to normal! For about 40 minutes with the doctor and several tests, I paid about $27 - no insurance or anything. CRAZY.

However, between us, I would think that if the psychedelic boomerang was just in one eye, this would be possible, but it was in both at the same time. I may get a second opinion when I come home for the summer.

Either way, I want to introduce you to Duma (pronounced dome-ah). She works for my office and is a huge blessing. I emailed her about my weird eye thing and within hours, she had an appointment for me, then drove me there, stayed with me, interpreted for me and had her father (standing next to her) move us up in the waiting line (he works there and is adorable).


So, if you ever come to UB and have a problem with your eyes, I know where to take you and with whom :)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - did you remove your comment or did I do that somehow??

      Delete
  2. health care is great there, huh? well thats neat! im glad youre safe and taken care of! What an adventure!!!! Keep on keepin on Bran!! :) lya!

    ReplyDelete