Monday, October 14, 2013

I misspelled what?!

"Teacher, you misspelled ‘English.’" 

I looked up and saw that I had indeed left out the “L” in English when I wrote it on the chalk board. 
Ooops. 
“Hey, good for you! You caught the on purpose mistake!”

This is how my first day back to school began. A laugh was needed as those days had been chaotic at school. My class schedule changed no less than five times before my first class began and is still not completely set in concrete. Who I’m teaching and what I’m supposed to teach them has also changed multiple times – making lesson plans has been difficult lately. But I’m loving it! I love being back, catching up with my returning students, fellow teachers and getting to know the new students. 

My view from my kitchen window before we got snow.
It’s beautiful right now in UB – sunny and in the 40’s and we've gotten some snow so the mountains are white again. My Mongolian friend, Oyuna, mentioned that they are expecting a colder winter. I looked at her and said, “COLDER winter?!?! As in colder than -51 C (-60 F)?!” She looked at me with an apologetic face and asked if I had a warm jacket. My Mongolian friends are always looking out for me – when I’m sick, they offer me vitamins, when something goes wrong in my apartment, they offer to call my landlord, when the weather turns brutally cold, they scold me if I’m not wearing enough layers. The climate is very cold but the people are very warm here.



My mom's dog, Huck, thought I put the
 quilt down for him to try out.
He approved.
The Lone Star Quilt that my incredibly talented Aunt Nancy has made to help raise funds is still incredibly adorable and we have given away almost 100 entries in exchange for donations! If you would like to donate ($10 per chance) and get your name in the drawing, please click on the link to the left under the picture of the quilt! We'll be drawing a name in October/November - this would make an excellent Christmas gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment