Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I love being a teacher…but not really.

To be honest, being a teacher was the one thing I knew I didn't want to be. I'm a teacher today because I felt guided to be one. But in reality, I don't like it…
yet.












I like my students - in fact, some of them I just want to pick up and say "YOU ARE ADORABLE!!!" Others, I just want to pick up and throw out of the windows - the only thing that's stopping me is that they are 15 year old boys and so unless they threw themselves out, it wouldn't work ;)



I hate lesson planning and all the paperwork that is involved. I hate being a meanie when there are discipline issues. I hate failing students that I know are really trying.



So I won't just be pooping on being a teacher, I'll share some of the things I love. I love when students do well and they are excited about it. I love when everyone is paying attention and trying. I love when they get it right when I was expecting them to get it wrong. Those things make it seem like I'm not wasting their time or my time!

I found this article entitled
"The Hardest Job Everyone Thinks They Can Do" (warning, there is a teensy bit of language)
and gave myself some slack. And thanked Him for all the teachers I've had.
And for letting me be a teacher.






No comments:

Post a Comment