Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Grade Book

This is my grade book.
It's called a "Teachers Journal".
It's all in Mongolian. 
The purple post-it note says:
"Do not make mistakes!
Don't use correction tape."
You can only write in blue ink.
I've written in pencil.
I've made mistakes.
I've used correction tape.
I'm fairly certain most of what I've written in it is wrong.



For those non-teachers, this is the book where I'm to record all my students, every one of their absences, all my lessons, all my assignments and grades. It's tedious work, especially when you're out for a few weeks. It's really easy to fall behind, which I've done miserably. To make things worse, some of my classes have been changing almost constantly and I'm still not sure how to record them accurately. 
I've made tons of mistakes. I showed my headmaster and she said, "Oh noooooo. This is not good." Pause. "It's ok, I'll just tell them (the people from the Ministry of Education) that you're a foreigner and didn't know better."
Soooo true. 
I wonder if that excuse will work even though they've explained it to me, clearly, several times now?



No comments:

Post a Comment