Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I am a woman. YAY!

I had several boys in my class this morning who asked to be excused - they needed to practice their dancing. I thought maybe there was some sort of miscommunication until a few hours later I walked into the common room and saw this: 

The 10th grade boys had set all the 10th grade girls down, given them roses and gifts and began to dance for them. So cute.
Tomorrow is Women's Day here in Mongolia and all the men around are honoring all the women in their lives - how awesome is that.
My morning began with a rose and a little card from "Mongol Aspiration's Guys":

Please notice that my card says "Happy International Women's Day". I've never been given honor simply for being a woman and I suppose, today being international makes me even more special ;)


After they danced, they handed all the women teachers flowers too. Aren't they adorable.
I believe their shirts say Happy Women's Day and on the back they say March 8.

All the male teachers got together and gave us women teachers pizza, chicken, cake, coke and candy.
Then they began to serve us - waiting on us hand and foot!

They also got this man to sing for us - great voice!
After the party, the men took the women to the movies. My roommate and I were invited but the movie was going to be in Mongolian and having someone translate for us (for three hours) just didn't seem very fair to them. So we opted out.
 I have so many amazing women in my life - I thought about putting pictures up of all of them but I don't have pictures of them all and wouldn't want to leave any out!
So let's just say, that if you're a woman who is reading this - I think you're awesome and thank you for being in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment